Sunday, July 8, 2007

Do not stand between a woman on hormones and her ice cream

I am normally a very nice, pleasant, funny person. Normally, I can handle regular conversation with ease. Normally, little issues that arise are handled with sanity. Normally, I'm normal.

However, for about 2 years now, I've been on a permanent hormone trip. Fertility treatments involve lots of pills and injections that make this normally normal person absolutely insane. I'm happy . . . no, I'm sad . . . no, that's right, I'm angry . . . no, not angry, bitter . . . oops again, not bitter, just a little irritated . . . actually it's back to happy. . . excited . . . forgetful . . . what's my name again? . . . oh, I know I'm mad at my husband, but I forget why . . . you get the picture.

Today has been one such day. Sunday means church services, morning and night. I teach classes in both services, but this morning (I think by design), I didn't have to teach. I couldn't have taught the class even if I wanted to, because although I studied my lesson for an hour yesterday, I couldn't even tell you which testament (old or new) the text was in! Let's not even mention the fact that I had a terrible time playing the piano and kept making silly mistakes this morning because all I could think about was the fact that I felt so fat in the dress I was wearing! I'm surprised the choir kept up.

My husband is an innocent bystander in all this. Oh, by the way, I've been mad at him twice today for no apparent reason, and each time I'm angry, 5 minutes later I'm telling him how much in love with him I am.

I have to close this post now because what we're cooking isn't what I was craving, so now I'm tearing up. Is there a pill for the insane? I can't remember the point of this post. Ummmm. . .

6 comments:

Sugar-n-Spice said...

fellow lunatic commenting, here. i think i'll post on that later tonight! i'll try to send some "press" your way. you're doing a great job at blogging. you've made me laugh out loud 2 days in a row, and i'm not really a laugh out loud kind of gal. :)

what did we do to deserve such great guys? poor tj. he's so patient in the middle of all my craziness. i think i get more frustrated with myself than he does with me. or at least he's good at hiding it. or maybe he's just scared the crazy woman's gonna break and kill him or something equally horrifying! :)

Shelley said...

uh oh, you mean I should be on fertility drugs to have an excuse for all that??? I don't have a reason, and you described a lot of my traits!

Best of luck on your pregnancy endeavour, I wish you the best!
FYI, I "met" you through Brandy's last post :)

Lou Arnold said...

I hear Shelly. You have to be on fertility drugs to act like that.

Good luck on trying to become pregnant.

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Man,me too me too.

Listening ear, here.....

Melissa Stover said...

nice to meet you. brandy sent me here!

Mandy said...

lol.. oh girl I was the same way. CRAZY!! I'm not sure what you're on but I did Femara and Profasi injects. and omgosh I felt like a complete psycho the entire time! I also gained 10+ pounds.. you should never have to gain weight when you already feel sucky. ;)