Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Fresh Outlook

We have decided not to do the shots again. We will wait awhile, and as the Lord directs, we may consider them later, but not now. Even as Matt and I voiced this to each other, I felt relieved. It was almost as if a pressure had been lifted. Stopping medications won't solve my problems, but at least I feel a bit more in control of my own emotions. Yes, I was upset that the meds didn't work, but God was with me through it all. Even on the darkest of days, He's there comforting me and guiding my thoughts.

We are still thinking on the adoption issue. Matt had said at one time that if we had no children by the time we were 30, we would pour all energy and resources into adoption. On my next birthday (August 15) I will be 29. I don't know if he is still firm on what he promised, and I haven't asked him yet. But, I feel that with a little more than a year to go until that particular deadline, we still have plenty of time to pray, think, and talk more about this issue.

Thank you all for your prayers concerning my problems. They mean more to me than you could know. Please continue your prayers for Matt and me.

2 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

Will be thinking about you!And praying...

Mandy said...

I do understand you not wanting to do the shots... and I do know that "lifting" feeling of stopping meds. I think those feelings guide you to right choices.. sounds like you're on a good path right now. Still praying here too!