Sunday, July 29, 2007

Peace that passes understanding

On my last post, I wrote that we would not continue medications. I cannot tell you what a peace has settled over me. I even feel ready to dive into getting back to work in August. God has blessed me so much, and to finally admit that I was trying to control this situation on my own terms and in my own time was just an absolutely freeing experience. How strange that admitting your sin to God and repenting is a cause for rejoicing. That is something only a child of God can feel!

Newsflash to me: I cannot control or change anything about having a child. God is the creator and giver of life, and to place this situation fully in His hands makes me feel so joyful. I am so glad that He loves me enough to take on all my troubles and deal with them Himself.

Placing this at the feet of the almighty God is not something that I can just do and be done with. I am constantly snatching back from Him the problems that I pray about. I must lay this at His feet daily. I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I trust God, and I know that He is the only one who can solve this perfectly. AND HE WILL!!! PRAISE TO MY SAVIOR!!!!

5 comments:

Lou Arnold said...

It is amazing how much of a relief it is when you finally hand everything over to God. It is just a breath of fresh air. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Unknown said...

I love the feeling of peace that comes after the reckoning.When in doubt,give it to GOD,when not in doubt,give it to GOD too!

K.T. is Mommatude said...

sorry-that was me on the last comment-dont know why it keeps doing that...-K.T.

Sugar-n-Spice said...

peace is geat, huh? but i know it takes turning it over again and again and again. some days are just better than others! you really gave tj a scare the other day...letting him think for even a second you might be leaving made him hyperventilate! ;) can't wait to spend some friday afternoons with ya!

Misty said...

This applies to my life too! It's so hard when I try to fix everything on my own, but when I let go, there is definitely a peace! I hope this school year is great for ya'll and things aren't too hectic with Matt's job change. I'm planning on going to a couple of their games!!